1. Clear the crowd. Give the stricken person as much room to breathe as possible.
2. Do not move the person who has fallen. He might have some broken bones or might be bleeding internally.
3. In case of external bleeding, put pressure on the source of the bleeding. A piece of gauze or a clean hanky is fine.
4. Don’t give the stricken person water or alcohol.
5. When a person faints, loosen his clothes especially around the chest and neck. Keep his head lower than the rest of his body.
6. Accidents often involve shock, so keep the victim as warm as possible with extra clothing or blanket. A light massage may help.
7. Clean small wounds and scratches with running water and hydrogen peroxide. Dry and paint with povidone iodine solution.