1. Cut down on calories, don’t cut them out. Do not starve yourself or deprive yourself of nutrition just because you want to lose weight. A sensible diet means eating sensibly.
2. Have smaller servings of high-calorie food like red meats, baked goods and sweets.
Burn calories through exercise.
3. Follow a realistic, attainable diet program, especially designed for you. What works for your friend might not work for you. Some people lose weight faster, some gain faster. Know your body and find out what will work best for you.
4. Weigh yourself on an accurate weighing scale at the end of each week. Let them be the judge of your success.
5. Find out what motivates you to stay fit – and commit to it. It may be wearing that beach-babe bikini, or increasing your self-esteem. Whatever it is, do it for yourself, not for others.