1. Wash your hands thoroughly – after using the comfort room, before eating, after a visit to the hospital, or as often as necessary.
2. Observe personal hygiene and teach everyone in the household to do the same.
3. Avoid spitting around. It is one of spreading harmful microbes or germs.
4. Avoid overly crowded places.
5. Keep rooms clean and well-ventilated.
6. Illnesses should be considered contagious until the diagnosis is definitely made. At the first sign of illness in any member of the household, isolate him as much as possible and separate his linen and utensils.
7. The sick should be attended to and treated at once.
8. Get further instructions on how to prevent the spread of disease from your attending physician.