1. Have an eye check up by an ophthalmologist once a year.
2. Don’t be too near when watching the TV.
3. Make sure there is good lighting in the room where you read or work.
4. Protect eyes from excessive heat or glare.
5. Avoid sharp or pointed objects near your eyes.
6. Do not touch your eyes with dirty hands, hankies or towels.
7. Keep household chemicals beyond the reach of children.
8. Remove foreign object with a clean cotton buds or cloth. Wash any chemical that gets into your eyes immediately.
9. Do not rub your eyes.
10. If your work involves computers, close your eyes for at least 15 seconds every so often.
11. Do not look directly at the sun, bright lights or eclipses.
12. Always soak your contact lenses in a clean case with a good amount of solution for at least 8 hours everyday. Do not sleep with your contact lenses on.
13. Pay attention to the following danger signs: blurring of vision with or without eyeglasses or contact lens, seeing spots or light flashes, redness, tearing, sensation of foreign object, itchiness, secretion, pain, heaviness, swelling, seeing double, repeated or persistent headache or dizziness.