1. Purchase herb seeds from your local green house or gardening center. Some malls also have stalls that sell these seeds. Ensure that the seeds are of good quality.
2. You may also choose to buy baby plants but it would be more fun and rewarding to tend your own mini herb garden from day 1.
3. Some good choices are oregano, rosemary, basil, mint, chamomile and lavender, as they grow well indoors.
4. They thrive in indoor window sill herb gardens.
5. You may use a small, fancy pot for your indoor herb garden, or even just the ordinary ones.
6. Make sure that there is proper drainage in your containers .
7. The soil is also crucial so make sure the soil is mixed with sand and lime so the herbs have great soil conditions allowing maximum growth.
8. Choose an area where your plants can have at least partial sunlight. Preferably, place your plants by the window.
9. Fluorescent lighting may also supplement the lighting during non-sunny seasons.
10. Bring your plants outdoors once in a while for direct sunlight and fresh air.
11. Give your plants a good soak once or twice a week. Do not overwater.
12. Make sure that your plants are not infested by small insects.
13. Harvest with care. Clip out just the right amount of herbs you need.