Monday, April 6, 2009
Author: hunnypop | Filed Under: Home | |
1. Shut off electricity and gas; disconnect all appliances.
2. Bring down curtains and draperies, and store them.
3. Close all windows and make sure they cannot be forced open. Lock all doors and secure other possible points of entry.
4. Lock all closets and cabinets, especially those where valuables are stored.
5. Dispose of perishable food.
6. Discard inflammable material such as old newspapers, cleaning fluids, varnishes, etc. and don’t leave matches lying around.
7. Check all faucets and shut off water connection.
8. Cover your furniture with dust sheets to protect them from dirt.
9. Clean the house before you leave, and spray with insecticides to minimize pest infestation.
10. Leave duplicate key of the house to a trusted neighbor for emergency purposes.